Image

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Birthday Cake Batter Popcorn

Two things you should know about me:


1) I love Birthday Cake Flavored Anything (one of my fav's is Birthday Cake Batter Ice Cream at Coldstone)

2) I love Popcorn

So...when I saw a recipe for Birthday Cake Batter Popcorn on the Tasty Kitchen Blog of Pioneer Woman's website, I knew I had to give it a try.  And it was SOOOO good.  It was also SOOOO not good for you but since when has that stopped me?


SOOOO Good!!

If you're anything like me and you love these two things then you NEED to give this a try!!

The original recipe can be found here.

Ingredients (that I used):

  • 1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
  • 1-1/2 cups white cake mix
  • 6 cups popped popcorn (I popped kernels on the stove because I was out of microwave bags).  I did add a little bit of popcorn salt when it finished popping
  • Sprinkles


Instructions:

  • Melt the white chocolate in the microwave. It works best to melt it for 30-second intervals, stirring between each until it is fully melted.
  • Add the vegetable shortening to the chocolate and stir until it is melted. 
  • Add the cake mix to the chocolate mixture.
  • Pour the mixture onto the popcorn and coat evenly.  You can use 2 spoons and toss it like a salad.
  • Pour the popcorn out onto cookie sheets or wax paper to cool/harden. Sprinkle immediately with your choice of sprinkles.
  • Wait until fully hardened and enjoy!  *Note, I ended up putting mine into the fridge/freezer for a few minutes because it was a particularly hot/humid day and it wasn't hardening as fast as I wanted it too.  This worked very well.


ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment