Image

Thursday, December 30, 2010

skinny jeans

So Paul and I had respite for Parker the other evening so we decided to go out to dinner (A real date, I know it's crazy, huh?).  Afterwards, we decided to get a cookie from The Cookie Company because well as I've mentioned before sweets are of upmost importance in my diet and well we were close by and just couldn't resist.  For those of you that don't know, the Cookie Company is at the mall.  As we were pulling up all these teenagers were standing outside by the curb in little clusters and I assume they were waiting to be picked up by their mothers who wear "mom-jeans".  They however did not have such a cramp in their style as they were ALL wearing skinny jeans.  Ahhh!  I dislike loathe skinny jeans (for myself anyway).  Other people can definitely pull it off but I think nothing could look worse on me.  Does this make me old?  I'm afraid so.  But in this case I'm OK with that.  I sure hope by the time Alexa is old enough to want to be in the "in" group that something else is in style (I'd even prefer hippie jeans) because I wouldn't even know where to start.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me laugh. I have recently bought a pair of skinny jeans. I never thought I would but couldn't resist giving into the fad :o) AND no you are NOT old!! Isn't a date with the hubby nice sometimes...it's like oh yeah I remember how this feels.

    ReplyDelete