Image

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Going on the Radio

A couple of weeks ago, our family was asked to help promote a Make-A-Wish Fundraiser called Carousel for Care by going on a local radio show to discuss our trip and our family.  For those of you that know me, you know public speaking is my biggest fear and talking on the radio falls in to that category for me.  But I wanted to help Make-A-Wish out and didn't feel like I could say NO so WE DID IT.  I really should say I did it because Paul didn't do any talking but he was there for support and did corral Parker who was extremely happy and excited to be there.

I did survive and although I didn't say anything I wanted to it went OK.  The actual event took place the next day at the Carousel in the Mall and Make-A-Wish raised over $16,000!!!  That is enough to grant at least TWO wishes!!

The best part of the experience at the radio station was watching Alexa help Matt McKay, the host.  She LOVED every minute of it.  He let her hit buttons, talk on the microphone, and learn all about being a radio show host.  She ate it up and now wants to be a radio host when she gets older!

 


 

It really was a great experience and we all had fun!  Thanks to Make-A-Wish and KFRX for being so kind to our family and helping us have such a fun morning!  And congrats on the success of the fundraiser!!

No comments:

Post a Comment