Image

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Family from Sweden

A couple weeks ago, my cousin Ulrika and her fiance, Robert, came to visit from Sweden. Ulrika's Mom and my grandmother were first cousins. My great grandparents immigrated to the United States but most of their families stayed in Sweden. Luckily we've been able to keep in touch with many of my great-grandfather's side of the family. Paul and I went to visit them 5 years ago and now it was their turn to visit the states. We were so glad they came for a visit and we had a great time! Here are some of the highlights:

Henry Doorly Zoo - Omaha
I love the zoo!! This was also Alexa's first time there and I think she had a great time too.
Robert, Ulrika, Paul & Alexa smiling in the Desert Dome

Walking on a bridge in the Rainforest


We of course had to take them to Valentino's buffet, a Lincoln original!

Ulrika & Alexa, new best friends


Family Dinner at MISTY's in Lincoln. Good food and good company. 17 of us were able to be there.The steak was yummy!!

Ulrika & Robert with my Grandpa Gene. He's also been to Sweden several times to visit

Looking for buffalo at Pioneer's Park

University of Nebraska Lincoln's Husker Stadium

Playing a little Wii bowling

Robert, Ulrika, and John at the SAC Museum near Ashland

We had a lot of fun and hope to see them again soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment