Image

Saturday, September 18, 2010

So much to be grateful for

Last night I was grouchy.  Yes I admit it.  I let the frustrations get to me.  Then today I got to the hospital and Parker took his whole bottle for me and then he was wide awake so I turned his little music player on and we danced...for about 20 minutes I just held him and we danced.  He was looking straight up at me and kept smiling.  It was probably gas but I prefer to think he was happy.  I remembered I have so much to be grateful for.

1) To have been blessed with 2 beautiful children
2) That Parker has made so much progress even with everything stacked against him
3) That Alexa has handled all this change rather well, that she is now a cuddler, and that I am able to appreciate the precious one on one time I have with her more than I maybe used to
4) To have the best husband anyone could ever ask for (and I realize I need to tell him this more often)
5) That both sets of our parents have gone above and beyond for us through this whole thing both during my bedrest and since Parker has arrived.  They have put in countless hours watching Alexa, helped around the house, got us things we need for the house and to prepare for Parker coming home, offered endless support and encouragement and so much more!  I don't know if we could've made it to this point without them!
6) For the gals from my MOPS group.  They have brought over food, offered to help out anyway they can, called me just to see how I was doing and more.
7) For my co-workers at Tabitha who generously offered to have our carpets cleaned
8) For the Chromosome 6 group on facebook and the people I have met on-line that have gone through similar situations with their loved ones.  The support has been amazing and it's nice to know we're not the only ones going through something like this
9) For the love and support we've received from our church.  We left a wonderful church in Arizona and didn't know if we'd find a place we felt so at "home" again.  I think we have.  They have been so wonderful to us
10) And most importantly, for all our friends, family, and complete strangers who are praying for us!  I really feel like the prayers have made a difference not only for Parker but for our whole family.  I can't even begin to express how thankful I am that so many people have kept us in their thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Will still wish you were here ... but now you have seasons and a wonderful new home! Miss you ...

    ReplyDelete